Georgia consumers must have automobile liability insurance for at least the minimum limits required by law to drive on the Georgia public roads and highways.
What is auto insurance?
Regardless of your driving record, credit score, age, or claims history, we've got a company that's right for you. At Dasher Insurance, we're here to help find you the right company for the best price!
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy. The state of Georgia requires you to buy minimum coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have certain requirements.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, in Georgia, you are required by law to be insured.
Have a CLASSIC or ANTIQUE CAR? At Dasher Insurance, we've got companies that specialize in collector vehicles & antiques. Get your collector vehicle quote now!
Need an SR-22? We do those too! Call our office & speak to an agent! We'll be glad to help you file for yours today!